Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences (LUVAS) is a university located in Hisar, Haryana. It is named after the freedom fighter Lala Lajpat Rai. The College of Veterinary Sciences was shifted to Hisar from Lahore in 1948. It became a part of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University in 1971. It has now been established as a university and the college has become a part of the university. The university is currently operating from a temporary campus located at CCS HAU. The Government of Haryana has allotted land on NH 10 for Establishment of new and high tech campus.