Rajinikanth announced on Thursday that he will launch his party in January next year, putting an end to speculations around his plunge into politics before the Tamil Nadu assembly elections in 2021.
In a tweet, Rajinikanth said that further details of his party are going to be announced on New Year's Eve , as he promised to cause an “honest, spiritual government”, hinting towards a “miracle”.
“We will surely win assembly polls and provides an honest, transparent, corruption free, and spiritual politics. A wonder and miracle will certainly happen," he said.Recently, the megastar had asked his office-bearers if they were able to "start a party in January" after they requested him to contest the 2021 Tamil Nadu elections during a meeting, said sources.
Against the backdrop of doctors advising him against entering politics, Rajinikanth held a gathering to deliberate the likelihood of his political entry with the office bearers of his forum on Monday. The meeting with Rajini Makkal Mandram's district secretaries was held at the actor's Raghavendra Kalyana Mandapam in Chennai.
- Jill Biden’s Inauguration Day corsage was a part of sweet tradition started by husband Joe Biden
- PM Justin Trudeau Chief Spurns Nafta Challenge on Keystone XL
- President Joe Biden to sign two executive orders to establish Gender Policy Council, Review Title IX policies
- First Lady to assist Reunite Migrant Children with Parents as Joe Biden Launches Task Force
- US President Joe Biden to launch taskforce to reunite families separated at border
- Donald Trump to make first post-White House speech at rightwing summit, Highlights
- After acquittal, Trump says ‘our movement has only just begun to make America Great Again
- Federal Court dramatically increases fees for immigration courts