Nationalist Congress Party's (NCP) Arun Lad and Satish Chavan on Friday registered victory from Pune Division Graduates' constituency and Aurangabad Division Graduates' constituency respectively.
Earlier on Thursday, BJP's Amrish Patel won bye-election to the Maharashtra legislature (MLC) from Dhule-cum-Nandurbar Local Authorities' Constituency 2020.Meanwhile, Congress's Jayant Dinkar Aasgavkar is leading comfortably in Pune Division Teachers' constituency.
Congress candidate Abhijit Wanjari won Nagpur Division Graduates' constituency, while Independent candidate Kiran Saranaik is before his rivals in Amravati Division Teachers' constituency.NCP supremo Sharad Pawar called the MLC Election results as a stamp of approval on the one year of MVA government.
"The result's an enormous win for MVA. we've won the seat of Nagpur that was never with us. This result shows that folks have believed within the work done by the MVA in last one year. a standard man has accepted the new alliance," Pawar told reporters.
MVA winning Nagpur Graduates seat may be a huge setback to the BJP because it has been a BJP /Sangh stronghold for over 5 decades.
Devendra Fadnavis's father Gangadharrao Fadnavis represented the seat twice for 12 years and Nitin Gadkari represented it for 25 years.
The five seats of the Maharashtra legislature that visited polls were Pune Division Graduates' constituency, Nagpur Division Graduates' constituency, Aurangabad Division Graduates' constituency, Amravati Division Teachers' constituency and Pune Division Teachers' constituency.
- Jill Biden’s Inauguration Day corsage was a part of sweet tradition started by husband Joe Biden
- PM Justin Trudeau Chief Spurns Nafta Challenge on Keystone XL
- First Lady to assist Reunite Migrant Children with Parents as Joe Biden Launches Task Force
- President Joe Biden to sign two executive orders to establish Gender Policy Council, Review Title IX policies
- US President Joe Biden to launch taskforce to reunite families separated at border
- Donald Trump to make first post-White House speech at rightwing summit, Highlights
- After acquittal, Trump says ‘our movement has only just begun to make America Great Again
- Federal Court dramatically increases fees for immigration courts